This blog is a free feature of the School Funding Grants Database. I try to provide added value to subscribers, and free trial subscribers by posting grant writing tips and tricks for would-be school grant writing personnel. Sometimes I am guilty of not seeing the forest for the trees. I will get all excited about sharing minutiae of grant writing and grants management without stepping back to reveal the answer to the basic question:
“Where do I find the money?”
The database is a robust resource with access to information currently regarding over 180,000 opportunities representing over $17,000,000,000 in available funding. That’s a lot of money, and the aim is to make the information accessible to you as the grant writing teacher or school district grants manager.
You can subscribe in different ways, and the database responds to your needs by providing alerts via email. You can customize your search experience so you can always be on the prowl for new sources of funds for your school.
The free grant search capability is designed to let you see how the system works, the types of resources available, the depth of the information given, and the number of grants available in different categories. I recommend you start there to get the general idea. You only need to enter your email address, then select your state and program category to find grants quickly. Resist the urge to use a regular search engine to find foundation websites to visit each one, one at a time. You’ll grow old and gray with that strategy.
If you already know the ropes, and are ready to subscribe, you’ll gain full access to the wonderful world of grants for schools, designed specifically for schools and educational organizations. Other databases are comprehensive, but they can be cumbersome, expensive, and so inclusive as to be confusing. You don’t have time for that.
There are different levels of membership available depending on your need. There’s even a 7-day trial for unlimited access to let you see what’s available. There’s also a handy how-to video.
Here’s what you’ll find with your paid subscription:
- Searchable Online Database containing grant opportunities representing over $17 billion dollars in available funding in Federal, State, and Local Grants.
- Filter Your Search by State, Category, Recipient Type, and Keyword to zero in on your best opportunities.
- Comprehensive Grant Details: everything you need to determine your optimal grant opportunities and to submit your proposal.
- My Bookmarks: bookmark grant listings to review at your convenience.
- My Saved Searches: save your custom grant searches so you can quickly perform your search again on subsequent visits.
- Free SFC Grant Alerts to keep you abreast of new/updated grant opportunities
- Support: via Live Chat, Email, and Phone.
- Grant Proposal Templates: – forms for the application process.
- $10,000 Guarantee: – The School Funding Center wants to help you win grant money. As part of a single-user 12-month license, you’ll get a $10,000 guarantee. This means that if you subscribe to the single-user 12-month search, apply for at least 3 grants from the database, and don’t win at least $10,000 in grant money, your subscription will be extended by another 12 months.
- The blog: – that’s me.
No other grants database provides this level of targeted information for grant writers who seek funding for their projects. With all the features, you’ll see real added value. I recommend working with your district leaders to gain access to the District Membership option with the most complete resources and search results.
So, check out some of the new grant opportunities posted to the database and get started answering the question:
“Where do I find the money?”
Already a subscriber, Login to start your funding search today!
Let me know how you’re doing. You may network with me by leaving a comment below.